The National Summer Learning Association (NSLA) joins School's Out Washington to present, Dare to Disrupt! The Pathway to Excellence and Equity in Education, October 24-26 in Seattle, Washington.
GLR registration discount code
Once again, we are pleased to offer a $50 discount on registration to the Grade-Level Reading Community Network. Just use the code 16GLR50 when you register. The code will expire September 30th, so be sure to register before then.
This year's conference promises new and interactive workshops--merging the summer learning and afterschool fields to offer year-round, out-of-school time strategies and real examples that are working in communities across the country. This year's conference strands include:
- Program Planning, Development & Improvement
- Effective Learning Approaches: Programs, Curriculum & Activities
- Staff, Leadership & Management
- Community Connections & System Building
- Policy & Advocacy
- Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- Positive Youth Relationships & Development
Speakers for this year's conference have been announced!
Go to summerlearning.org/conference to learn more about our featured speakers:
- Sarah Pitcock, Chief Executive Officer, NSLA
- Ed Murray, Mayor, City of Seattle
- Rehema Ellis, Chief Education Correspondent, NBC News
- Yolie Flores, Chief Program Officer, Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
- Dr. Shawn Ginwright, Senior Research Associate, Cesar Chavez Institute for Public Policy
The 2016 National Conference on Afterschool and Summer Learning will be centrally located within walking distance of the Washington State Convention Center, Pike Place Market, CenturyLink and Safeco Fields, the Monorail and Space Needle at The Westin Seattle. NSLA and School's Out Washington have secured a special group rate of $239/night +tax. Group rate reservations must be made no later than Friday, September 23, 2016. Reserve your room today.
We hope to see you there!