On March 28, Attendance Works will host a webinar to kickoff their Attendance Awareness Compaign.
With 7.5 million students in the U.S. chronically absent, we need leaders in every state and from every sector to mobilize their communities to action and to Team Up for Attendance! Join Attendance Works and 69 Attendance Awareness Campaign partners as we kick off the 2018 Attendance Awareness Campaign. You’ll hear what’s new for AAM 2018, and how leaders at the state and district levels are uniquely positioned to energize attendance campaigns that result in improvements in school attendance. Register Now: http://bit.ly/2FCcI1L
- Attendance Works is excited to share what you are planning for Attendance Awareness Month during the webiner. Please email Cecelia Leong (Cecelia@attendanceworks.org) by March 26 to ensure your activities will be announced during the webinar.
- Download the key messages for Attendance Awareness Month.
- Download the Attendance Awareness Month badge.
- Download the Attendance Awareness Kickoff Webinar Graphic.
We also have sample tweets to help spread the word:
- We're calling on communities to Team Up for Attendance in 2018! Efforts that turn around #chronicabsenteeism include community-wide action. Join us & @attendanceworks for the AAM kickoff webinar. Register: http://bit.ly/2FCcI1L #SchoolEveryDay
- Join the Attendance Awareness Month 2018 kickoff webinar & learn how district & state-wide chronic absence reduction campaigns are making a difference. Hear what’s new for AAM 2018! Register today: https://adobe.ly/2FXl3Ow #SchoolEveryDay
- We're calling on communities to Team Up for Attendance! Join us & @attendanceworks as we kickoff Attendance Awareness Campaign 2018 on 3/28. What can you do to combat #chronicabsence? Register here: https://adobe.ly/2FXl3Ow #SchoolEveryDay
For an example on how chronic absence can be tackled, take a look at PBS Newshour's recent piece on Cleveland and their "Get to School. You can make it!" campaign featuring Hedy Chang, the executive director of Attendance Works. Cleveland's community approach is showing great success!