We've posted the webinar recording, the presentations (Power Point slides) and a discussion guide from our May 8 webinar, Team Up for Attendance: Working Together Matters. Over 1,500 people registered for the webinar, where we heard from:
- Ayeola Fortune, United Way Worldwide
- Lukas Weinstein, Senior Director of Regional Initiatives, Children’s Aid National Center for Community Schools
- Daphne Strader, Director of Coordinated School Health, Albuquerque Public Schools
- Dolores Espinosa, Assistant Principal, Lavaland Elementary School, Albuquerque Public Schools
- Lindsay Wisely, Principal, Antioch Middle School
- Hedy Chang and Cecelia Leong, Attendance Works
The speakers addressed:
- How schools in Antioch, California, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, developed effective school attendance teams using teachers and school staff, and which partners they recruited from the community to support their work.
- How Children’s Aid National Center for Community Schools is using a three-tiered approach to address chronic absence, and how adding prevention and early intervention strategies helps more students overcome challenges to getting to school.
- How a school in Antioch is using the Attendance Works Teaching Attendance Curriculum to develop whole school strategies to address chronic absence.
You can still hear about these topics, and several more ! Download the recording and other materials from our website here.