We're sharing this letter on behalf of our friends at the CDC. Please feel free to copy and paste it to share with your entire network.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is pleased to announce the launch of CDC’s Milestone Tracker – a free app for tracking every child’s development in a fun and easy way. This app adds to the popular suite of free, family-friendly materials available through CDC’s Learn the Signs. Act Early. program.
“Skills like taking a first step, saying those first words, and waving ‘bye-bye’ are developmental milestones all parents anticipate and celebrate,” said CDC Director Brenda Fitzgerald, M.D. “This CDC Milestone Tracker app gives parents tips to help their child learn and grow, a way to track developmental milestones, recognize delays, and the ability to share this information with their healthcare provider.”
The new app offers
- Interactive milestone checklists for children ages 2 months through 5 years, illustrated with photos and videos
- Tips and activities to help children learn and grow
- Information on when to act early and talk with a doctor about developmental delays
- A personalized milestone summary that can be easily shared with the doctor and other care providers
- Reminders for appointments and developmental screening
Although it is packed with parent-friendly features, this app isn’t just for parents! Healthcare providers can use it to help with developmental surveillance as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, and early care and education providers can use it to better understand their students’ skills and abilities and to engage families in monitoring developmental progress.
WE NEED YOUR HELP to spread the word in your community and across your networks! We urge you to copy and share posts and image from the list below, or email ActEarly@cdc.gov for the complete marketing toolkit with additional newsletter samples, images, web buttons, flyers, and more—tailored for parents, healthcare or early care and education providers.
Many thanks for your help in getting this important resource into the hands of parents and providers across the country! And if you can, please take a minute to let us know about your outreach efforts at ActEarly@cdc.gov.
On behalf of your friends at CDC,
- Never miss a milestone moment with CDC’s new FREE app: Milestone Tracker. Use a new, free, and parent-friendly app from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to track and celebrate your young child’s development from ages 2 months through 5 years, see photos and videos that illustrate milestones, try new activities to support your child’s early development, get helpful reminders for appointments, and more! Learn more and get a sneak peek at www.cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker.
- Milestone Tracker: CDC’s FREE app helps parents track developmental milestones and more! Educate and empower parents to learn about, support, and track their child’s development from age 2 months through 5 years with a free app offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Access a printable poster (8.5” x 11”) for your clinic, a web button for your website, and more. Additional information about the app is located at www.cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker.
- Milestone Tracker: New FREE app helps you team with parents to track and celebrate development. Better understand each child’s skills and abilities, track and celebrate developmental milestones, and share progress with parents with a fun, easy, and free appoffered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Encourage parents to use this FREE app. Access a printable poster (8.5” x 11”) for your classroom or center, a web button for your website, and more at www.cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker.
- @CDCgov has a FREE app to track your child’s milestones. Learn more about #MilestoneTracker at: cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker (118 characters)
- How many milestones do you celebrate in a day? Find a few more with CDC’s FREE #MilestoneTracker app. cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker (129 characters)
- Educate and engage parents around their children’s development with CDC’s FREE #MilestoneTracker app! cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker (129 characters)
- @CDCgov has a FREE app to track children's milestones. Learn more about #MilestoneTracker at: cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker (118 characters)
- CDC just made tracking early developmental milestones easy and fun with their FREE new, parent–friendly app, Milestone Tracker. Download the app and start tracking, supporting, and celebrating your child’s early development today! cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker
- Talking with parents about their child’s development is easier when they use CDC’s FREE Milestone Tracker app. Visit cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker to learn more about this parent-friendly app and to print a poster to start promoting the app today! #actearly #milestonemoment
- You know developmental milestones are important. Educate and engage parents around their children’s development by sharing CDC’s FREE Milestone Tracker app! Visit cdc.gov/MilestoneTracker for promotional tools and more. #actearly #milestonemoment