Please join the National Summer Learning Association on Wednesday, June 28 for a Summer Learning Advocates Hill Day in Washington, DC!
We need your presence and your voices on Capitol Hill to tell your representatives how important the 21st Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) program (and other federal funding) is to the students in your programs and your community. Our Hill Day will include:
- Training on what to say and how to meet with a Member and his/her staff
- A personalized schedule of Hill meetings with Members who represent your state and district, arranged by NSLA
- Materials outlining the key asks we are making of Members to save 21st CCLC and other key federal funding. (Please feel free to also bring your own outreach materials.)
- Opportunity for you to build a relationship with your Members’ offices, invite them to visit your summer program, and discuss why their support for summer is so important to you
- Materials to take home to help your program celebrate National Summer Learning Day on July13
- Post-Hill Day reception!
Students and families who can speak about why your program is personally important to them are welcome to join you.
All travel and accommodations expenses are the responsibility of attendees. NSLA cannot reimburse expenses or make travel arrangements.
Please plan to be in the Capitol Hill area by 8:00 a.m. for breakfast and training. Our day will conclude by 4:00 p.m. Please note any restrictions on your schedule in the registration form.
PLEASE FILL OUT OUR REGISTRATION FORM AT
WHEN: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 Approximately 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
WHERE: Capitol Hill Washington, DC
Can’t make it? Follow the conversation at twitter.com/summerlearning.