Here’s the latest news from the Network Communities Support Center:
- In this week’s Bright Spot, Dubuque, IA used existing infrastructure and the Campaign’s outcomes-based framework to achieve early successes. Click here to read more or download the Bright Spot pdf. To nominate a community for this feature, email Betsy Rubiner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Self-nominations are encouraged!
- Three weeks until Summer Learning Day! Share or get ideas at this week’s Network Communities Support Center webinar on June 5th at 3 pm ET. A number of communities will share brief (3-minute) overviews of their Summer Learning Day plans. If you’d like to participate and share your plans, email me at email@example.com. You can take the pledge, find resources, and view the map at the NSLA website.
- Let’s Play! is a free parenting app from ZERO TO THREE with fun activities, organized by age and routine, for parents to use to support their young child’s early learning. Learn more and download it here.
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry's Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children initiative will award single-year matching grants of up to $20,000 each to support community-based initiatives that provide dental care to underserved children. Deadline is August 18, 2014. Apply here.
- Dollar General, in collaboration with the American Library Association, the American Association of School Librarians and the National Education Association, is sponsoring a school library disaster relief fund for public school libraries in the states served by Dollar General. The fund will provide up to $15,000 to replace or supplement books, media and/or library equipment. Deadline is rolling. Apply here.
Almost all links in this message go to items posted on the Ning, a password-protected site for members of the Grade-Level Reading Network. If you are not yet a member, you may request access to the Ning by clicking here.