Here’s the latest news from the Network Communities Support Center:
- In this week’s Bright Spot, we highlight California libraries that offer summer meals and literacy activities. This is the fourth in a periodic series of “summer” Bright Spots, in advance of Summer Learning Day 2014 on June 20. Click here to read more or download the Bright Spot pdf. To nominate a community for this feature, email Betsy Rubiner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Self-nominations are encouraged!
- What are you doing for Summer Learning Day? Let us know at the next monthly Network Communities Support Center webinar on June 5th at 3 pm ET. A number of communities will share brief (3-minute) overviews of their Summer Learning Day plans. If you’d like to participate and share your plans, email me at email@example.com. You can take the pledge and find resources at the NSLA website.
- It's not too late to register for the Attendance Awareness Month Webinar: Enlisting Allies. Join the conversation today, May 28 at 1 pm ET to hear panelists will share ideas about how to engage a variety of allies. Register here.
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry's Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children initiative will award single-year matching grants of up to $20,000 each to support community-based initiatives that provide dental care to underserved children. Deadline is August 18, 2014. Apply here.
- Dollar General, in collaboration with the American Library Association, the American Association of School Librarians and the National Education Association, is sponsoring a school library disaster relief fund for public school libraries in the states served by Dollar General. The fund will provide up to $15,000 to replace or supplement books, media and/or library equipment. Deadline is rolling. Apply here.
Almost all links in this message go to items posted on the Ning, a password-protected site for members of the Grade-Level Reading Network. If you are not yet a member, you may request access to the Ning by clicking here.